Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Holidays!

I'm taking care of two sweet kids this summer with high energy levels and curious minds, so I've decided to dedicate our summer to the holidays no one really remembers or even knows about! I've got the whole month of May planned with holidays that are fun, educational, and thought-provoking! To start off our summer of holidays, we celebrated No Socks Day, World Red Cross Day, and National Teacher Appreciation Day. Of course, I made sure we celebrated Teacher Appreciation Day, since I'll be one in the future & my former teachers mean so much to me!


Well on Monday, I decided we would go ahead and make our cards for Tuesday. W was great at asking questions to better understand what the Red Cross does and why we were making cards for them. On Tuesday, we headed to the American Red Cross downtown to deliver our card and some cookies. We were greeted with grateful hearts and warm smiles! They even shared some snacks & juice with the kids! Oh, and mustn't forget our strict adherence to No Socks Day!




-nani

No comments:

Post a Comment